When trying to access the iTunes store, you may receive the error message “iTunes can’t verify the identity of the server s.mzstatic.com.” This typically indicates that there is an issue with your computer’s internet connection or with the iTunes server itself. Here are a few potential solutions to this issue:
- Check your internet connection: Make sure that your computer is connected to the internet and that there are no issues with your connection. Try restarting your router or modem if you suspect there may be a problem with your internet connection.
- Check for updates: Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer. You can check for updates by opening iTunes and going to “Help” > “Check for Updates.”
- Disable your firewall: If you have a firewall enabled on your computer, it may be blocking iTunes from connecting to the server. Try temporarily disabling your firewall to see if this resolves the issue.
- Clear your DNS cache: Clearing your computer’s DNS cache can help to resolve connectivity issues. You can clear your DNS cache by opening the command prompt and typing “ipconfig /flushdns” (without quotes).
- Contact Apple Support: If none of the above solutions work, you may want to contact Apple support for further assistance. They will be able to provide more specific guidance based on your specific situation.
It’s important to note that this type of error message can be caused by a variety of factors, and the solutions provided may not apply to every situation. If you continue to have trouble, it’s best to check the ITunes status page for the server status updates or contact the ITunes support for further assistance.